Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lifting up Jesus!

"14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up: 15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:14-16, KJV

My first memorized Scripture from the Bible when i was a little boy was John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." This was because i had a little book mark given by my American teacher in English with a picture of the world and this verse written on it. I read it so many times that i memorized it as it used to be hanging on the wall carpet of my bedroom all the time.

Every time i would look at the book mark or quote this verse it always started "For God...". But never have i realized and given an importance to that little word "For" until God began to show His Everlasting love to me in a powerful way...

We know that the word "For" is there for a purpose of defining or clarifying the previous statements made by Jesus. Therefore, the word "For" can be translated or replaced by the word "because".

I have heard so many times from other Christians that Jesus must be lifted up in our lives; in everything that we are and we do, so that others may believe in Him. I believe this saying came out from the above scriptures John 3:14-15. This is truly so!!!

But in my walk with the Lord due to a lack of revelation and understanding, as a result of hearing this so many times in prayers, conversations and some preachings, i began to focus in my own efforts so much and started to work hard to lift up Jesus in my life, making sure that i'm not lifting up myself or anybody or anything else other than Jesus. Can you identify yourself with me?

Ok, try this one. Wonderful saying that says "It's not about me". hehe. Very good one and again this is truly so! I used to think, "yes, it is not about me and it is about Jesus and others... i must serve others and make it not about me..." But i was tired trying to accomplish it and it was a real work and i felt sometimes that it was not natural, but very mechanical instead.

But when i had that wonderful encounter with the Lord filled with His very Presence, His love poured all over me and made the Heaven so real. Since that time lifting up Jesus has become so natural and become so my desire from within.

The reason for "the Son of Man be lifted up" (verse 14) "that whoever believeth in Him" (verse 15) is "For God so loved the world..." (verse 16).

In other words, real faith to believe in God comes from the knowledge of His great love toward us that caused Jesus to be lifted up on that Cross of Calvary. That's why "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17) and "faith works through love" (Galatians 5:6)

As God's love lifted His Son up, so shall His love in me and in you will lift up Jesus and will cause people to see Jesus in our lives. It will become so natural once you see the love of God.

How can you see the love of God then? The answer is by looking at the Cross of Jesus.

The LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live." So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.(Numbers 21:8-9)

I believe the fiery serpent represents the sin, and the consequences of the sin through the deception of the serpent, the devil, in the Garden of Eden when man sinned; and the bronze represents the judgment. Through Adam, "by one man's disobedience many were made sinners" and caused "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Therefore, there is ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE to be saved from the "judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation". But God in His great mercy "so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son" "who knew no sin to be sin for us" pouring out His wrath and judgment upon Him instead on us, that by believing this truth we "might become the righteousness of God in Him". HalleluYah!!! This excites me more than anything in the world!

My dear one, have you seen this? Have you seen the love of God on the Cross that it was His heart of love toward you, that you were in His mind? Or are you still trying to save yourself by depending on your own strength and knowledge to live in this life, not being able to see the merciful act of God? Because seeing of God's love starts when we come to the end of our rope of independence and own righteousness. I pray you will see it and see it.

"everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live." I was bitten by the sin of Adam, but by the act of God i was able to look at the Cross and believe, and now i live. Praise the Lord!!!

Looking and believing is same. Hebrews 12:2 says "looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross.." My dear one, this "joy that was set before Him" is you and me!

May we always look to the Lord and see His great love for us and in result lift up Jesus all the time so willingly, and unconsciously and naturally by the supernatural power of the Spirit within so that others my believe in Him!

Let all glory, honor and praises be unto Jesus my Lord!

© by Chinzorig Jargalsaikhan

No comments: